“Remember, all the answers you need are inside of you; you only have to become quiet enough to hear them.” — Debbie Ford
Mr Korb’s Spring Break Photographs HERE!
NEW PAGE on KORB’s Website: Facial Features!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- Of ALL the features that you draw / relationships that you learned / ideas you have gained… what is something that you are still struggling with – are no LONGER struggling with – have learned… what is it and what about it?
Reflection: How was the final drawing in the past 40 minutes? What did you accomplish successfully? What did you struggle with?
Studio Art 360: Clay
SKETCHBOOK DUE NEXT TUESDAY: Using a camera ON YOUR OWN TIME THIS WEEK – RECREATE a famous painting, sculpture, drawing… Print out the photograph that you have created and also include the famous work of art that you were inspired by. Here are a few examples: Student Examples: https://goo.gl/Tvwv4X
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- What are three textures you are going to have to interpret into your BAS – RELIEF sculpture from your collage?
Reflection: How are you going to keep the clay from drying out over the weekend? What techniques are REALLY important to be using to make sure any ADDITIVE clay really HOLD TIGHT to the clay you are adding it to?
AP Studio Art: Mounting Work
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- Choose one of the BEST works that you have in your collection… This is going to be the FIRST of your QUALITY works that we are MOUNTING for the portfolio. What is it about the work that makes it STAND OUT FROM the others as one of the BEST works?
Reflection: How does framing up the work raise the level of quality (visually) of your work? What does it to to make it more “finished?”
Advanced Drawing: Gesture
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- Look at the series of works from yesterday… how have you begun to see the figure differently? Are you thinking about the the FORM in a different fashion than you had earlier?
Reflection: Next week – LONGER FIGURE DRAWINGS – Be aware of the challenges you faced today? What was the BIGGEST CHALLENGE you faced today in the drawing?