Special Thanks to ALL the #NAEA16 Leaders for the 2016 Conference in #Chicago. This was a great experience! Thank you all.
Drawing: PORTRAITS! Eyes!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- What is it about the EYES that makes it EASIEST or most DIFFICULT to draw?
Reflection: What 3 mistakes did YOU make – how bad were they when it came to eyes?
Studio Art 360: TEXTURE – COLLAGE it BEARDEN style
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- What are you doing to SUCCESSFULLY create a REAL sense of SPACE in your COMPOSITION?
- BOOK: http://usshop.gestalten.com/age-of-collage.html
- Let’s Look at Romare Bearden for a bit to give you a better understanding… HERE
Reflection: How have you been able to think about your artwork being something that CAN affect how someone who looks at your work and their ideas about your subject matter?
AP Studio Art: Figurative Art – Richard Diebenkorn
- Observe: Learning to attend to visual contexts more closely than ordinary “looking” requires, and thereby to see things that otherwise might not be seen.
- What is the ONE thing you are learning about the figure at this point? Maybe it is an OBSERVATIONAL thing… Maybe it is something else entirely (look at page 30 in your folder…).
Reflection: Have you explored a new medium? Have you attempted to work with and through a new (or familiar) material in your work? EXPLAIN in THREE SENTENCES. What has it done for your drawing? DUE END OF CLASS TOMORROW – CRIT IS DUE TOO. Last 10 minutes of class.
Advanced Drawing: 50 Sheets of Paper – FINAL DAYS THIS WEEK!
- 4.2Ac: Analyze, select, and critique personal artwork for a collection or portfolio presentation.
- What ONE ARTISTIC SKILL from PAGE 30 of Artist Habits of Mind did you take away from the 50 Sheets of Paper?
Reflection: What is one thing you added to today’s critique that made the conversation truly move forward? If nothing – what is ONE THING YOU THOUGHT ABOUT!