Special Thanks to ALL the #NAEA16 Leaders for the 2016 Conference in #Chicago. This was a great experience! Thank you all.
Drawing: PORTRAITS! LIPS! SMOOCH!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- When you start out drawing the MOUTH… what do you start with? Why do you feel that you start with that facial feature?
Reflection: What mistakes did YOU make – how bad were they when it came to mouth?
Studio Art 360: TEXTURE – COLLAGE it BEARDEN style
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- What are the SPECIFICS about the SOCIAL TOPIC that you and came up with and you are RESOLVING today?
- BOOK: http://usshop.gestalten.com/age-of-collage.html
- Let’s Look at Romare Bearden for a bit to give you a better understanding… HERE
Reflection: We are going to be translating this collage into a SCULPTURE after break. What are 3 aspects of the collage that you feel will successfully translate to 3D and help you communicate your social message? How / Why?
AP Studio Art: Figurative Art – Richard Diebenkorn
I NEED YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS OF YOUR OUTDOOR ARTWORK! TODAY WHILE YOU WORK!
Richard Dibenkorn Video: www.sfmoma.org/explore/multimedia/videos/252
- Reflect: Learning to think and talk with others about an aspect of one’s work or working process, and learning to judge one’s own work and working process and the work of others.
- Step back from your drawing – What LEAPS out at you as needing work? Why?
Reflection: With a week to resolve your image – what do you need to do? I ALSO see a handful of websites without your 2 questions answered – I TALKED TO YOU TODAY… how are you going to get them done?
Advanced Drawing: 50 Sheets of Paper – FINAL DAYS THIS WEEK!
- 4.2Ac: Analyze, select, and critique personal artwork for a collection or portfolio presentation.
- What ONE ARTISTIC SKILL from PAGE 30 of Artist Habits of Mind did you feel you need to consider and work on for your NEXT artwork? EXPLAIN.
- YOUR ARTWORK – HERE
- 4 Part Google Form to Critique – 4 Part Critique
Reflection: What is one thing you added to today’s critique that made the conversation truly move forward? If nothing – what is ONE THING YOU THOUGHT ABOUT!