Shane Koyczan – TED Talk “To This Day”… for the Bullied and Beautiful… “If you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there’s something inside you that makes you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit.”
Drawing: MUSIC and ART!
- 4.4 evaluate and interpret your art for relationships in 4.4.1 form 4.4.2 context and 4.4.3 meanings showing understanding of the work of various art professionals*
- What are 2 skills about the materials have you taken away from this project? What is ONE HUGE LESSON you learned about creating MEANING behind your own artwork?
Reflection: As you look at the FINISHED DRAWING (unless you have to take it home and work it this weekend) what is ONE THING you would REDO and WHY?
Studio Art 360: TEXTURE – COLLAGE it Ernst Style
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- What TEXTURES do you like best from yesterday? Why?
Reflection: Write a ONE PARAGRAPH EXPLANATION about your work on the BACK of the collage. Describe how you used Frottage, Grattage, and Decalcomania in the work. I am looking at this on MONDAY!
AP Studio Art: Pencils… Last day in studio.
Pencil Story on FREAKONOMICS – LISTEN HERE: http://www.wnyc.org/widgets/ondemand_player/freakonomics/#file=json/576159
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- I’m GONE TODAY… You are ON YOUR OWN… How are you going to FINISH THIS DRAWING UP? How are you going to ATTACH this drawing TO the drawing? This is an ESSENTIAL ELEMENT to the COMPOSITION… What have you considered?
Reflection: Do you need to take anything home to RESOLVE THIS DRAWING and be ready to WRITE on MONDAY? 3 things that your are PLEASE WITH and one thing you wish went differently?
Advanced Drawing: 50 Sheets of Paper!
- 7. Stretch & Explore: Learning to reach beyond one’s capacities, to explore playfully without a preconceived plan, and to embrace the opportunity to learn from mistakes.
- Last day this week… What are two things you are planning on doing TODAY to get a good deal of work planned and begun for today? How are you working in the OBSERVATION part of this requirement?
Reflection: MONDAY we are going to HANG THEM UP and LOOK… do you need to try and work this weekend? EXPLAIN in 140 characters (using # to emphasize the important terms and phrases) what you are HAPPIEST WITH and WHY!