“There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late.” —Og Mandino
Happy Youth Art Month:
Happy Birthday to Robert Williams: March 2, 1943
Drawing: MUSIC and ART!
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- What techniques are working for you in this work? How will you talk about the the struggles and successes you are having?
Reflection: As you worked today, what are the major successes you found in your approach to the oil pastels today? How do you see this as being a drawing that can help you understand compositional relationships?
Studio Art 360: Sculpture WRAP – UP
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated.
- These forms may not be your MASTERPIECE of all time, but they did require focus, work, and attention to detail. Looking at ALL the FORMS you created, how you assembled the work, how you wrapped it up with color choices… explain 3 things that you feel were important about what you learned in the ease or difficulty about creating a work of art? TOMORROW WE ARE CRITIQUING! Make sure you are FOCUSED TODAY!
Reflection: If you are NOT done with the paper mache forms, what could you / should you have done over that past 2 weeks to make sure you DID get them finished by the end of the period? How do you see that you are going to be ready for the critique tomorrow?
AP Studio Art:
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- To HELP YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND YOUR current concentration, what is the common thread that is chasing through all of your work? What do you SEE? What is the MEANING? Why is this work IMPORTANT?
Reflection: Thinking about the critiques from earlier this week, what are you in need of doing to make these end of the concentration works the best? We still have TONS of time to POLISH our concentrations… what else do you do?
Advanced Drawing: 50 Sheets of Paper!
- 7. Stretch & Explore: Learning to reach beyond one’s capacities, to explore playfully without a preconceived plan, and to embrace the opportunity to learn from mistakes.
- TWO MORE DAYS this week… What are two things you are planning on doing TODAY to get a good deal of work done today? EXPLAIN IN DETAIL how you are working OBSERVATION into this drawing?