“There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late.” —Og Mandino
Happy Youth Art Month:
Happy Birthday to Oskar Kokoshka: March 1, 1886 – 1922
Drawing: MUSIC and ART!
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- Reflect on YESTERDAY before you begin today! What worked with the new materials? What didn’t? Explain your answers…
Reflection: As you worked with oil pastels today, what were two things that the paper and colors did to help you better create the messages behind your work? FULL SENTENCES! Explain WHY!
Studio Art 360: Sketchbook Assignments
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- What is the strength of your soda can / drink compositions from last week? What have you developed as a real strength in your drawings? You are going to work today on THIS WEEK’s NEW sketch and I will look QUICKLY at THIS and LAST week’s sketches NEXT week. If you need to polish the cans up for next week – take the time to do that.This Week Prompt: Weeping Willows! Where are you going to take this?
Reflection: What three things can you do / are you going to do to to enhance your sketchbook drawing for next week’s grade?
AP Studio Art:
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- What have your previous sketches been over the past months? How have you been planning the NEW and Important ideas out for your work? HOW DOES THIS HELP YOU?
- Sitting down with your sketchbooks and your statements from the AP Questions… look back at your entire body of work and consider the next works. How can you move forward successfully?
Reflection: What have you come up / accomplished with today? What materials are you using that help you to challenge yourself? How does it fit into your current body of work? How does it REACH OUT into NEW IDEAS? How can you use that conversation / reflection to add to your ARTIST STATEMENT online?
Advanced Drawing: 50 Sheets of Paper!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- What are TWO THINGS you need FEEDBACK on from your classmates about your work today as we do a REAL MID CRIT? WRITE THAT OUT and ASK during the crit.