10 Things CREATIVE people do – Have you ever wondered why some people are more creative than others? Did you ever wish that you had more of that particular gene? The good news is that research shows that happiness and creativity are not only related, they can be developed. Here are 10 ways to jumpstart your creativity, starting now:
7. Seek Out Challenging Tasks: Just for fun, challenge yourself with projects that don’t have solutions, like how to make a horse fly (no — we’re not talking unicorns) or build a perfect model of a part of the body. This opens the mind for all types of strategies, which helps generate fresh ideas.
8. Surround Yourself With Interesting People and Things: Spend time with diverse friends, listen to new music, see new exhibitions to broaden your horizons. Having unusual objects around you also helps you develop original ideas.
– Randy Taran
Drawing: MUSIC and ART!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- What ideas did you come up with about COLOR and SHAPE in art you are creating? We will have some conversation and learning about the ideas of Wassily Kandinsky today?
Reflection: What NEW ideas do you have about COLOR and Shape in the art you are creating now that we have had some conversation and learning about the ideas of Wassily Kandinsky?
Studio Art 360: Sculpture.
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- What is ONE things that you might think if you saw a grouping of cylinders, cubes, and pyramids all grouped together?.
Reflection: Last 10 minutes of class. Set out your GOALS PAGE and the CRITIQUE SHEET I gave you. Walk Clockwise and in serpentine fashion (I’ll demonstrate) around the room and take in the work that is in front of you. Like musical chairs, stop when I say stop and make 5 REAL COMMENTS on 5 different classmates work. What is working? What is NOT working? Last 3 minutes… Read your comments – write a BRIEF response to a classmates comments
AP Studio Art:
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- How do you see the growth of your work? What are TWO things that you see as STRONG developments as you have moved forward in your CONCENTRATION? How are you DEVELOPING your work? Is it stagnant? Static?
Reflection: How many more pieces do you need to get started for this batch of 3 concentration works? How would you DESCRIBE HOW you are DEVELOPING in the process of CREATING your CONCENTRATION?
Advanced Drawing: 50 Sheets of Paper!
- 7. Stretch & Explore: Learning to reach beyond one’s capacities, to explore playfully without a preconceived plan, and to embrace the opportunity to learn from mistakes.
- Looking at YESTERDAY… what are 3 things you hope to accomplish with this VERY INDEPENDENT (but subtly guided) drawing? EXPLAIN!