10 Things CREATIVE people do – Have you ever wondered why some people are more creative than others? Did you ever wish that you had more of that particular gene? The good news is that research shows that happiness and creativity are not only related, they can be developed. Here are 10 ways to jumpstart your creativity, starting now:
5. Happiness Spurs Innovation: Sadness inhibits innovative ideas, causing people to exercise more restraint, but happiness expands creative thinking, fresh associations and new perspectives. Remember to take a break and make time for fun! You’ll come back refreshed.
6. Gratitude Rules: Being grateful for where you’re at and “taking in the good” helps sculpt your brain’s neural pathways to receive more of it. Imagine what you are creating. Like an athlete training for peak performance when you visualize something special, your can embody it even more.
– Randy Taran
Drawing: MUSIC and ART!
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- How are you using geometric shapes in your life? How do you relate meaning to them? What are some shapes that are dominant in your life?
Reflection: What NEW ideas might you have had about COLOR and SHAPE in the art you were creating?
Studio Art 360: Sculpture.
- G: 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- What was the most challenging form for you to create? What is ONE things that gave you such a hard time with it?
Reflection: What do you think one might interpret from seeing a sculpture (like the one as an example today) that is MINIMAL?
AP Studio Art: CONCENTRATE!
- G: Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making (Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.)
- Do you need to update your ONLINE presence? Have you updated your BREADTH site to accommodate your two most recent works?
Reflection: Halfway through the week and MONDAY will be with us soon. I am PROUD of the accomplishments – a lot of alone time. What ONE BIG things worked out for you today?
Advanced Drawing: 50 Sheets of Paper!
- G: 3. Envision: Learning to picture mentally what cannot be directly observed, and imagine possible next steps in making a piece.
- When you think of a “DRAWING” and the ground it is created on – what first comes to mind? Why do you think this is the case? (Ground is the surface of what you draw upon.)