10 Things CREATIVE people do – Have you ever wondered why some people are more creative than others? Did you ever wish that you had more of that particular gene? The good news is that research shows that happiness and creativity are not only related, they can be developed. Here are 10 ways to jumpstart your creativity, starting now:
9. Learn Something New: By taking a class outside your typical area of interest, you can have a wider range of ideas to draw from and interconnect. Researchshows that connecting in new ways is the basis for all creative thought.
10. Know Your Strengths and Passions: Get to know what makes your heart soar, what makes you feel most alive and energized, and use it as fuel for the creative process.
By nourishing your creative side, you’ll bring happiness not only to yourself but to those around you. You’ll also know what you had inside yourself all along. What do you do to tap into your creativity?
– Randy Taran
Drawing: MUSIC and ART!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- Of the shapes we are began with yesterday (Circle, Square, Triangle), which one is STRONG and why? Which shape describes a passive quality? Why?
Reflection: How do you feel you might be able to use the ideas of color and shape to communicate your ideas from your song? Give 3 examples of how a shape, angle, color might offer emotion.
Studio Art 360: Sculpture.
- .2P: Explain how traditional and non-traditional materials may impact human health and the environment and demonstrate safe handling of materials, tools, and equipment.
- What can you use from the process we went through YESTERDAY to continue to create a CUBE, CYLINDER, and a pyramid? Do you want to work on ALL of them at the same time or are you going to finish one and then move onto the next?
Reflection: Looking at the sculpture you have begun… what are three things you could be (can do) to enhance the composition, the execution, the message?
AP Studio Art:
- 2.3Ad: Demonstrate in works of art or design how visual and material culture defines, shapes, enhances, inhibits, and/or empowers people’s lives.
- What is happening in your classmates work that you are truly glad to see happening? Write that out and then take a moment to give them encouragement and support.
Reflection: What’s on your plate for the weekend? What have you got to work on? Website? Artwork? Job?
Advanced Drawing: 50 Sheets of Paper!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- Last day this week… What are two things you are planning on doing TODAY to get a good deal of work planned and begun for today?