What you must express in your drawing is not “what model you had,” but “what were your sensations,” and you select from what is visual of the model the traits that best express you. – Robert Henri
Drawing: Get to WORK – DRAW – FOCUS
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- What do you hope to take / hear / learn from the MID – CRIT from Friday? How do your thumbnails help you out? What problems have come up that you did not see when you did the thumbnails? Identify with your neighbor the absolute black, absolute white, and 3 different levels of grey.
Reflection: hat have you learned today about how to push / pull space with value? What have you accomplished with pencil? What is SUCCESSFUL?
Studio Art 360: FORM and EXAMPLES!
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- What is the difference between shape and form? Please be descriptive in your definition.How are you SEEING the differences as you have BEGUN to DRAW?
Reflection: What do you envision as the biggest challenge with your letter? If you see this as the problem… how do you feel you might be able to solve that challenge?
AP Studio Art: Work Of Art!
- 1.1 Ad: Visualize and hypothesize to generate plans for ideas and directions for creating art and design that can affect social change.
- What have you learned, thought about, experienced, been terrified by from working outside of the box? Outside of your comfort zone?
Reflection: What were the biggest impressions you had from going outside for ideas? What were the most difficult things you felt as you presented your work? Conversation between classmates about the 2 questions for your exam. How does this work relate to your concentration?
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- What did you do yesterday to prepare yourself for in the design and execution of this still life / commentary work?
Reflection: What did you take away from the drawing today? What are you succeeding with?