Do you remember YOUR Freshman Open House? We have it again TONIGHT! The ART DEPARTMENT could use your help in promoting itself. Come DRAW, PAINT, WORK in the studio tonight from 5:30 – 8:00pm. Let Mr. Korb Know when you will be here. Sign up HERE!
What you must express in your drawing is not “what model you had,” but “what were your sensations,” and you select from what is visual of the model the traits that best express you. – Robert Henri
Drawing: Get to WORK – DRAW – FOCUS
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- How are you ACTIVATING or THINKING about the background – negative space? As you have worked… what pencil have you been drawn to? Why? What has been easy about this project? More importantly – what was challenging?
Reflection: What are three differences in your drawing techniques / skills you are finding as you are using DRAWING Pencils versus MECHANICAL or STANDARD #2 pencils?
Studio Art 360: FORM and EXAMPLES!
- 9.1P: Establish relevant criteria in order to evaluate a work of art or collection of works.
- What are you doing in your composition to FULLY ACTIVATE the background? Shapes, Texture, Color, Lines, Circles? Allow yourself to EXPERIMENT!
Reflection: What is the strongest part of your artwork that you created this week? Use the ART TERMS you know
AP Studio Art: Work Of Art!
- 7.2Ad: Determine the commonalities within a group of artists or visual images attributed to a particular type of art, timeframe, or culture.
- What have you been doing to try and create a work of art inspired by the outside? Where do you see this drawing / artwork going? How are you using the materials from outside to make GREAT ART?
Reflection: What have you accomplished in this day of work? What do you need to get accomplished for FRIDAY when your CURRENT BREADTH work is due online?
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- Where do you see the ideas of preliminary works as being a strong help in the making of your art?
- SARAH GRAHAM Website.
Reflection: Talk to your neighbor / partner about the potential meaning behind your work. What SKILLS are you hoping to / developing in this drawing?