“Failing Isn’t Bad When You Learn What Not To Do.” – Albert Einstein
Painting and Advanced Painting: Self Portrait – Wrap up by Next TUESDAY!
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments
- What’s been the biggest / best thing you have learned about the use of oil paints this week? What has taking this portrait from a continuous line contour drawing helped you with in making the painting? If you HAD TO EXPLAIN – why is this working or not working for you?
Reflection / Evaluation: Last day of the week. What do you see as needing attention MONDAY? What makes you want to skip second hour and continue to paint?
Studio Art 360: Color Schemes – LET’S GO!
EXAMPLES from LAST YEAR!
VISUAL EXAMPLE of SETTING UP YOUR IMAGE.
- 3.1P: Apply relevant criteria from traditional and contemporary cultural contexts to examine, reflect on, and plan revisions for works of art and design in progress.
- What are the 10 color schemes that we studied? Can you write all 10 down without looking at your notes?
Reflection / Evaluation: QUIZ on the names, types and relationships of the colors. Open up to page 25… READY… HERE COME THE QUESTIONS… Identify the following types of COLOR SCHEMES…
AP Studio Art: Concentration / Concentrate
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- Thinking about the work that you are doing… what are the visual skills that you feels you are developing? how has this year been beneficial to you so far? N: Nothing – Website maybe, photograph maybe…
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the ONE SKILL that you feel would be worth your time to continue to FOCUS and CONCENTRATE on?
Drawing: DRAW – Wrap up by Next TUESDAY – I WISH!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- After ONE WEEK of pastels, what is your STRONGEST aspect of the composition? Describe WHY you feel it is working so well.
- The Selfie – Listen and comment on one or two points that describe how YOU are using some f the ideas in your drawing for EXTRA CREDIT: http://www.wpr.org/listen/565351
Reflection / Evaluation: How do you feel about the work you accomplished today? What has changed in how you are looking at using Soft Pastels?