Painting and Advanced Painting: Self Portrait – RESOLVE this Week!
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Step back and LOOK AT YOUR painting. It’s been a weekend. What are you seeing as being successful at this point? What are you seeing as needing attention?
Reflection / Evaluation: How has this painting been new and worthwhile for you? What lessons have you learned about using different materials?
Studio Art 360: Color Schemes – LET’S GO!
- G: 3.1P: Apply relevant criteria from traditional and contemporary cultural contexts to examine, reflect on, and plan revisions for works of art and design in progress.
- What do you mix to get a TINT? What do you mix to get a SHADE? What do you mix to get a TONE?
Reflection / Evaluation: Review with neighbors the relationships of the colors on the color wheel? When you look in your closet… what COLORS do you think you have the most of hanging? Why do you think that you have more of that color than others?
AP Studio Art: Concentration / Concentrate
- 10.1Ad: Synthesize knowledge of social, cultural, historical, and personal life with art-making approaches to create meaningful works of art or design.
- What are two things (specifically) that you have accomplished during your past week as you’ve worked on your CONCENTRATION? Write out the IDEA behind your work and then SHARE the story with your classmate…
Reflection / Evaluation: With ALL that is going on these past two weeks – and little input from me… what have you accomplished VISUALLY and / or TECHNOLOGICALLY?
Drawing: Resolve Hip-Hop all you Wild Beasts (Fauvists).
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- What do you feel is an aspect of your composition that you initially struggled with but resolved in the thumbnail and preliminary drawings
- Artist NPR: The Selfie – Listen and comment on one or two points that describe how YOU are using some f the ideas in your drawing for EXTRA CREDIT: http://www.wpr.org/listen/565351
Reflection / Evaluation: What was the most challenging aspect of your drawing to get done today? How are you using OBSERVATION and COMPARISON – sighting in – to get your drawings set up correctly? List TWO SPECIFIC aspects of the drawing you have used these skills in your drawing.