“Failing Isn’t Bad When You Learn What Not To Do.” – Albert Einstein
Painting and Advanced Painting: Self Portrait – Wrap up by Next TUESDAY!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What specifically do you dislike or like about the use of the material that oil paint is? Please explain your thoughts. It is important to reflect on the work you are doing and the lessons that the new materials teach you.
Reflection / Evaluation: What advances are you making in your painting today? Step back and have a 3 minute CONVERSATION with a classmate (or two). Allow some REAL TIME to have a REAL CONVERSATION here
Studio Art 360: Color Schemes – LET’S GO!
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- Take this can, bottle, object, whatever I have set out in front of you and REPEAT the idea in as many ways as you possibly can. Look at how Warhol used the store shelves as the impetus (idea) for so many of his artworks… The same image over and over and over.
Reflection / Evaluation: What does the idea of REPETITION do help make an interesting (or not if you aren’t liking it) image in your sketchbook. How do you RESOLVE the idea for NEXT Week?
AP Studio Art: Concentration / Concentrate
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Looking at the NATIONAL STANDARDS (above) how are you using traditional (or better) BREAKING contemporary art making practices? Please give 2 specifics.
Reflection / Evaluation: While we HAVE NOT EMPHASIZED this… How much work have you photographed, edited, and uploaded to the computer? How can I help you?
Drawing: DRAW – Wrap up by Next TUESDAY!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- Knowing that we are looking at today’s culture through the use of the photograph and the idea of the SnapChat technology. You may have chosen a DOMINANT COLOR Scheme to emphasize an emotion… what color scheme did you use and how are you expressing feeling through your drawing?
- The Selfie – Listen and comment on one or two points that describe how YOU are using some f the ideas in your drawing for EXTRA CREDIT: http://www.wpr.org/listen/565351
Reflection / Evaluation: How are you using OBSERVATION to get your drawings set up correctly? How are you using OBSERVATION to reflect on the quality / skill you are developing?