There’s no retirement for an artist, it’s your way of living so there’s no end to it. – Henry Moore
Painting and Advanced Painting: CANVAS Building
- 5.1Ac: Evaluate, select, and apply methods or processes appropriate to display artwork in a specific place.
- What differences do you know about ACRYLIC Paints and OIL Paints? Today we are DEMONSTRATING the differences. We NEED to be AWARE of STORING THEM in the YELLOW RACK (or in the locker) – Safer in there than on the TOPS OF THE LOCKERS.
- SELF PORTRAITS from PREVIOUS Classes – HERE
Reflection / Evaluation: What differences do you NOW KNOW about acrylic paint and oil paint?
Studio Art 360: Reflect on Progress
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- How does working three dimensionally make you think differently about the making of art than working on the collage (2D work) did?
- REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ARTWORK: Subtractive, Additive, and Manipulation to the clay. These techniques are REQUIRED in the FINAL Sculpture.
Reflection / Evaluation: What are you seeing in the works of others that you find successful? What are you doing that OTHERS could learn from? PAUSE 5 minutes before cleanup. GIVE COMMENTS in one another’s RUBRIC – PAPER COPY. WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO KEEP IT FROM DRYING OUT THIS LONG WEEKEND?
AP Studio Art: Critique!
Have you looked at the AP Studio Art Portfolio for Inspiration? Here are the AP Studio Art Portfolio Example Pages.
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- How have YOU begun to understand the importance of reflection and CRITIQUE? AND…
- 7.2Ad: Determine the commonalities within a group of artists or visual images attributed to a particular type of art, timeframe, or culture.
- You’ve got the music at your fingertips – how are you going to work and BUILD this creation over the Thanksgiving Break (in your sketchbook) so we can GO TO IT FAST AND FURIOUS when we get back. One Week to DO IT!
MUSIC TO BE INSPIRED BY HERE!
MUSIC SIGN UP SHEET HERE! Thanks Julia.
Reflection / Evaluation: What are you going to do on FRIDAY, SATURDAY, and then SUNDAY to be READY to work on Monday? 3 things…
Drawing: Google Slideshow
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- How are you going to SOLVE the issue we are having with the combining of the PORTRAIT and the GRAFFITI? This is a CHALLENGING idea – how are you tackling it?
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the progress of the drawing thus far? What is your neighbor doing well? What is your neighbor not doing successfully? Share your thoughts with your neighbors.