There’s no retirement for an artist, it’s your way of living so there’s no end to it. – Henry Moore
Painting and Advanced Painting: CANVAS Building
- 5.1Ac: Evaluate, select, and apply methods or processes appropriate to display artwork in a specific place.
- Knowing you have the options of REALISM in colors or going out on your own in choices of colors… what do you see as advantages of the direction you are planning on going? I want you to think about both approaches.
- SELF PORTRAITS from PREVIOUS Classes – HERE
Reflection / Evaluation: What ideas do you see coming out from others as you develop your own ideas? How can you see working with OTHERS in a COMMUNITY as being beneficial to the development of your art?
Studio Art 360: CLAY! Finally!
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What challenges are you having COMPOSITIONALLY with your image / sculpture?
- REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ARTWORK: Subtractive, Additive, and Manipulation to the clay. These techniques are REQUIRED in the FINAL Sculpture.
Reflection / Evaluation: How have you begun to SOLVE the COMPOSITIONAL CHALLENGES / PROBLEMS in your work?
AP Studio Art: Critique!
Have you looked at the AP Studio Art Portfolio for Inspiration? Here are the AP Studio Art Portfolio Example Pages.
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- How have YOU begun to understand the importance of reflection and CRITIQUE? AND…
- When you think of your favorite music… do you think of images, colors, shapes and forms? How HAVE you , COULD you use your past / current ideas about MUSIC to create works that will represent / draw upon music
MUSIC TO BE INSPIRED BY HERE!
Reflection / Evaluation: What is something that you took away from the critique today – whether it be about YOUR work or about another person’s work.
Drawing: Google Slideshow
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What is successful in your artwork? What is the color scheme you are using? Share this with your neighbor.
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the progress of the drawing thus far? What is your neighbor doing well? What is your neighbor not doing successfully? Share your thoughts with your neighbors.