“Power will accomplish much, but perseverance more.” —William Scott Downey
NPR – Listen Radio Lab Story of Perseverence HERE!
#WiArtChat is on TWITTER NEEDS your INPUT! Please visit goo.gl/UvXgQM
Painting and Advanced Painting: PORTRAITS and CANVAS Building
Do you need to add your painting to your the critique? HERE THEY ARE!
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- What is a benefit that you can see in learning how to build a canvas?
- Self-Portraits – Then and Now
Reflection / Evaluation: While there are MANY advantages to the building, what is a disadvantage to the building of a canvas?
Studio Art 360: Collage – Self Assessment and POETRY! (Photographs too).
Let’s Look at another by Writer and Collage Artist Erica Beebe – HERE!
- 6.1P: Analyze and describe the impact that an exhibition or collection has on personal awareness of social, cultural, or political beliefs and understandings.
- What are you seeing about your collage as being a NEW skill / a NEW understanding / a NEW technique that you might take into the future of your art making toolbox?
- COLLAGE and POETRY LESSON – HERE
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the ONE area of the collage that you see yourself as carrying into the BAS RELIEF Sculpture? How do you hope to see this as carrying the SOCIAL COMMENTARY forward?
AP Studio Art: Concentration to work on!
Have you looked at the AP Studio Art Portfolio for Inspiration? Here are the AP Studio Art Portfolio Example Pages.
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- Considering the ideas you are developing… how are you using imagery / symbolism / techniques to tie the art works together? Please think about the larger MESSAGE as well as the APPROACH you are using to tie the works together
Reflection / Evaluation: Imagine yourself in front of the AP BOARD… how would you, in 30 seconds, defend your body of work so far?
Drawing: Google Slideshow
- G: 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- When you start out drawing the MOUTH… what do you start with? Why do you feel that you start with that facial feature?
Reflection / Evaluation: What mistakes did YOU make – how bad were they when it came to mouth?