“Power will accomplish much, but perseverance more.” —William Scott Downey
NPR – Listen Radio Lab Story of Perseverence HERE!
#WiArtChat is on TWITTER NEEDS your INPUT! Please visit goo.gl/UvXgQM
- VETERAN’S DAY ASSEMBLY SCHEDULE:
- 1 7:25 – 8:02
- 2 8:07 – 8:46
- 3 8:51 – 9:28
- 4 9:33 – 10:10
- ASSEMBLY 10:15- 11:10
- 5A 11:10- 11:40
- 5B 11:40 – 12:10
- 5C 12:10 – 12:40
- 6 12:45 – 1:22
- 7 1:27 – 2:04
- 8 2:09 – 2:46
Painting and Advanced Painting: PORTRAITS and CANVAS Building
Do you need to add your painting to your the critique? HERE THEY ARE!
- 3.1P: Apply relevant criteria from traditional and contemporary cultural contexts to examine, reflect on, and plan revisions for works of art and design in progress.
- What is one question you have about the process of building a canvas? Ask around and see if your classmates can help you resolve those questions before you begin to build.
- Self-Portraits – Then and Now
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the ONE big challenge you will have in the process of building a canvas? What are TWO strengths in the idea / practice of building your OWN CANVAS versus buying one from a store?
Studio Art 360: Collage – 1 Day Left (and 1 night)
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design. A: Name the STRONGEST aspect of your collage and WHY you feel it is the strongest aspect. In Romare Bearden’s Studio
Reflection / Evaluation: Looking at the idea of having a STRONG Assessment on your rubric in mind – What do you need to do TONIGHT to RESOLVE the image… if you need to make it a level of “I have MASTERED THIS IDEA of collage and I could do it with a new topic if I needed to (like in English Class).
AP Studio Art: Concentration to work on!
Have you looked at the AP Studio Art Portfolio for Inspiration? Here are the AP Studio Art Portfolio Example Pages.
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- What is the biggest (or two) Element / Principle you are using in your work this week? Explain in SPECIFICS – Use your individual pieces to explain.
Reflection / Evaluation: 3 things that were successful today in your three work? What is it that helps the work move forward? BE SPECIFIC!
Drawing: Google Slideshow
Hmmm… something isn’t quite right here… http://img02.deviantart.net/2631/i/2012/037/f/b/trapped_soul_by_giralikesyou-d4owvmw.jpg
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- What is it about the EYES that makes it EASIEST or most DIFFICULT to draw?
Reflection / Evaluation: What mistakes did YOU make – how bad were they when it came to eyes?