http://goo.gl/UvXgQM“Power will accomplish much, but perseverance more.” —William Scott Downey
NPR – Listen Radio Lab Story of Perseverence HERE!
#WiArtChat is on TWITTER NEEDS your INPUT! Please visit goo.gl/UvXgQM
Painting and Advanced Painting: Last Day of Critique TODAY! WHOSE NOT DONE? CRITIQUE a Work Of Art – WAS due THURSDAY LATE!!! – HERE
If you need to add your PAINTING to your CRITIQUE – HERE THEY ARE!
- 3.1P: Apply relevant criteria from traditional and contemporary cultural contexts to examine, reflect on, and plan revisions for works of art and design in progress.
- Self-Portrait… What are 3 things you THINK about based on your past experiences when it comes to SELF PORTRAITS?
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the ONE big challenge you will have in the process of building a canvas? What are TWO strengths in the idea / practice of building your OWN CANVAS versus buying one from a store?
Studio Art 360: Collage – 2 Days Left
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- Look back on the process of the collage – read your goals statements and the documentation of the process… what NEW SKILLS / NEW IDEAS have you developed in the process of the collage.
Reflection / Evaluation: In 140 characters (use a hashtag) describe the message about your collage. EXTRA CREDIT if you POST it to TWITTER along with a PHOTOGRAPH to #WiArtChat
AP Studio Art: Concentration to work on!
Have you looked at the AP Studio Art Portfolio for Inspiration? Here are the AP Studio Art Portfolio Example Pages.
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- What does having the FREEDOM and RESPONSIBILITY of AP (refer to the NVAS ABOVE) mean to you? What will you have to do this week to OWN that standard?
Reflection / Evaluation: What similarities are you seeing in YOUR work? How does it tie the CONCENTRATION together? How are you going to maintain INTEREST in these first 3 works – we will talk about the remaining 9 works later…
Drawing: Google Slideshow
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- When it comes to drawing the FACE, what features do you have the hardest time with? Why do you think that you have the hardest time with that feature??
Reflection / Evaluation: What are the least successful aspect of the facial features that you drew out today? What do you feel makes them LEAST successful? Is it the same as you though in the beginning of the class