“In not stating the goal to the students and wording them so they are understandable… it is like a family going on a trip with Dad in the driver’s seat and him not sharing what the destination is or how long the trip is going to take. Dad knows where he’s going, but the rest of the family has no clue.”
Painting and Advanced Painting: 3 Days
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What do you feel about the hall space that you have recreated in abstract form? Does this painting / has this painting affected the way you look at the space?
Reflection / Evaluation: What NEW discovery did you make today about your painting? Did you learn anything about the process of painting? Creating Art?
Studio Art 360: Collage and Texture – Romare Bearden
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What are the textures you are hoping to work into your collage (remember that this will be translated into a SCULPTURE)? N: Use of collage
- ROMARE BEARDEN: http://www.nga.gov/feature/bearden/tech3.shtm National Gallery
Reflection / Evaluation: How is the collage coming along? What is ONE VERY SUCCESSFUL aspect to the work SO FAR? What is one area you are having a CHALLENGE with?
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing Critique – OPEN CANVAS CALENDAR!
Here is the AP Studio Art Portfolio Example Pages.
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- What do you hope to learn / communicate in the FIRST THREE works you are presenting (Next Monday we are presenting the PROGRESS of the works and will be using the RUBRIC to EVALUATE ALL THREE in the FORMATIVE end of things)? What is the CENTRAL IDEA of your concentration?
- Body of Work: Henri Matisse:
Reflection / Evaluation: What have you accomplished today that sets you up for success? What is the CENTRAL IDEA for your concentration? Sticky Note Exit Ticket.
Drawing: MID CRIT – Look at the RUBRIC
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- What is one major idea about the similarities and differences in your ideas and Kandinsky’s that you learned through the WRITING ASSIGNMENT for today?
Reflection / Evaluation: How does your art compare with the work of “professionals” and how can you work to create a better understanding of your approach / intent / ideas?
Link To Mr. Korb’s Written Example – HERE
Link to the Google Folder of YOUR Images – HERE
Link to the Google Slideshow – HERE