“Never feel shame for trying and failing, for he who never failed is he who never tried.” – Og Mandino
Painting and Advanced Painting: How’s it Going?
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Before you START – How are these techniques creating a sense of UNITY to your work? Give Two examples.
Reflection / Evaluation: Can you name the different techniques in the painting? How are your techniques – list 2 techniques that you are REALLY enjoying in the painting.
Studio Art 360: Collage and Texture – Romare Bearden
- 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- How do you feel about the subject matter of YOUR SOCIAL TOPIC that we are going to be working on? Do you have any personal experiences with the topic? Explain your thoughts (remember – this is JUST YOU reading this.
- ROMARE BEARDEN: http://www.nga.gov/feature/bearden/tech3.shtm National Gallery
Reflection / Evaluation: What progress as a team have you made in the development of the collage idea? What TEXTURES are you developing in the work? How have you used the ideas of GRATTAGE, FROTTAGE, and DECALCOMANIA in the progress?
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing Critique – OPEN CANVAS CALENDAR!
- NETS: Use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively.
- How do you want to move forward with your body of work? Let’s CRITIQUE and then REVIEW THE IDEAS in the AP HANDOUT about CONCENTRATIONS / SLIDE SHOW from AP CONFERENCE.
Reflection / Evaluation: What is your CONCENTRATION going to be about? SHARE YOUR IDEAS with your neighbor and MAKE A NOTE in your head as to where you are.
Drawing: MID CRIT – Look at the RUBRIC
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- What are the BEST things you have come up with in this artwork?
Reflection / Evaluation: REDO FROM YESTERDAY – How does this work relate to 1) Kandinsky and his movements? 2) Your song? We are going to be WRITING an ARTIST STATEMENT and PHOTOGRAPHING this work Friday and NEXT WEEK (in the computer lab). Be prepared to provide writing that is DONE! ALSO – FIND YOUR SONG ON YOUTUBE! Tomorrow we begin with a final critique reflection – then onto the ORAL CRITIQUE – BE READY TO TALK!