“Never feel shame for trying and failing, for he who never failed is he who never tried.” – Og Mandino
Painting and Advanced Painting: Painting and Color Schemes
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Third REAL day of painting – What are you looking to accomplish today? Look at your painting FIRST… them answer this question? REFLECTION!
Reflection / Evaluation: Looking at your painting today… what DID you accomplish? What are you pleased with and what are you NOT happy with?
Studio Art 360: Collage and Texture – Romare Bearden
- 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- What is the SOCIAL TOPIC that you and your partner came up with yesterday? Work through the sheet to help your ideas get developed.
- ROMARE BEARDEN: http://www.nga.gov/feature/bearden/tech3.shtm National Gallery
Reflection / Evaluation: What imagery did you come up with that truly begins to develop the idea of the social commentary you have chosen? How does it successfully work?
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing Critique – OPEN CANVAS CALENDAR!
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- What did you take away from the critique yesterday? Look at your notes and thoughts. What DID you contribute?
Reflection / Evaluation: As you look back on the development of your composition, what are especially satisfied about? What are 3 things that you feel are successful compositionally? What did you add to the critique?
Drawing: MID CRIT – Look at the RUBRIC
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- Take your work out – DON’T look at it. Hang it up, step back – WRITE OUT THE FIRST THINGS THAT COME TO MIND. 3 things!
Reflection / Evaluation: How does this work relate to 1) Kandinsky and his movements? 2) Your song? We are going to be WRITING an ARTIST STATEMENT and PHOTOGRAPHING this work Friday and NEXT WEEK (in the computer lab). Be prepared to provide writing that is DONE! ALSO – FIND YOUR SONG ON YOUTUBE! Tomorrow we begin with a final critique reflection – then onto the ORAL CRITIQUE – BE READY TO TALK!