“Aim higher in case you fall short.” ― Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire – Jasper Johns:
Painting and Advanced Painting: Painting and Color Schemes
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Consider the layering and transparency of the images / colors… what does this visually do for you, the painter? What does it do visually for the audience?
- Before Abstraction: http://www.ago.net/piet-mondrian-before-abstraction
- TOWARDS pure Abstraction: http://emptyeasel.com/2007/04/17/piet-mondrian-the-evolution-of-pure-abstract-paintings/
Reflection / Evaluation: As you look back on the development of your composition, what are especially satisfied about? What are 3 things that you feel are successful compositionally?
Studio Art 360: LAST Drawing Day – Value – Composition? How’s it going?
- G: 8.1P: Interpret an artwork or collection of works, supported by relevant and sufficient evidence found in the work and its various contexts.
- What is the ONE larger SKILLS you have developed as we have drawn? What is one MINOR Skill you feel you have developed? EXPLAIN.
Reflection / Evaluation: As we discussed on earlier in conversation… we are in it for the process of MAKING ART, not necessarily worrying about the finished product. Why do you NOW see the PROCESS as an important thing for an ARTIST to worry about and the PRODUCT as important to their audience.
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing – OPEN CANVAS CALENDAR!
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- What are three things that you you struggle with when it comes to the idea of the FIGURE?
Reflection / Evaluation: Of the images you drew today… what strengths did you see develop in the process today? Explain…
Drawing: MID CRIT – Look at the RUBRIC
- 8.1Ac: Identify types of contextual information useful in the process of constructing interpretations of an artwork or collection of works.
- What songs are you using to create your artwork? What are aspects of your drawing do you IMMEDIATELY relate to the ideas of your music? WRITE OUT A SOLID EXPLANATION so that I can understand as I read it.
- Let’s look at the ideas of the BAUHAUS – 90 Years Later…
- Neue Gallery – Degenerate Art – Read Aloud: http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2014/mar/13/degenerate-art-attack-modern-art-nazi-germany-review-neue-galerie
Reflection / Evaluation: SHARE YOUR THEORY AND DRAWING WITH YOUR CLASSMATE – Last 5 Minutes – CONVERSATION and write down what you have learned from your classmate.