“Unless you have a definite, precise, clearly set goals, you are not going to realize the maximum potential that lies within you.” — Zig Ziglar
Painting and Advanced Painting: Collage Social Commentary – Building the Collage
- 2.3Ac: Redesign an object, system, place, or design in response to contemporary issues.
- How has the gathering of images HELPED or CHALLENGED you in the creation of a composition visually and / or telling a story – about yourself?
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR SOCIAL TOPIC. Please write these in your sketchbook for future reference.
- What is the LARGER OVERALL TOPIC you have chosen?
- If you had to discuss the topic with someone, what are 5 key points that you would try to make in order to “sell” your viewpoint?
- What are 2 questions that you have about the topic that require a bit more research?
- What is a question / argument that someone else might pose to you about the topic?
- What are IMAGES / ENVIRONMENTS / SPACES that you are hoping to create for your collage / watercolor?
- What are the KEY images you have gathered SO FAR that are going to help with the building / communicating of your message?
- What is a WORKING TITLE for the IDEA you are having SO FAR?
Reflection / Evaluation: What does your composition say about you? How might others read the images you have gathered and assembled
Studio Art 360:Sketchbooks – BRING CARDBOARD FOR TOMORROW!
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- What can you use from the process we went through YESTERDAY to continue to create a CUBE, CYLINDER, and a pyramid? Do you want to work on ALL of them at the same time or are you going to finish one and then move onto the next? What was the most challenging form for you to create? What is ONE things that gave you such a hard time with it?
Reflection / Evaluation: What do you think one might interpret from seeing a sculpture (like the one as an example today) that is MINIMAL?
AP Studio Art: Bag of Objects. How is your first CONCENTRATION going?
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- What is the MAJOR IDEA, the FOCAL POINT to your concentration for this week?
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the COMMON THREAD that viewers can see in the five works that you are creating? How does it TIE them all together?
Assignment ONLINE – Google Document – SHARE WITH ME at firstname.lastname@example.org! DUE ON FRIDAY. CLICK HERE FOR A GOOD EXAMPLE. READ THE BRIEF BLOG POST! Where do you see yourself artistically now, where in 5 Years? WE ARE USING THIS NEXT MONDAY ON THE AP WEBSITE!
Drawing: Group of Objects – STEP BACK from your drawing and REFLECT! MID CRIT!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- What is it about the mid-crit that makes you a bit nervous?
Reflection: What do YOU find useful from today’s critique exercise?