“Unless you have a definite, precise, clearly set goals, you are not going to realize the maximum potential that lies within you.” — Zig Ziglar
Painting and Advanced Painting: Collage Social Commentary – Building the Collage – Beginning the PAINTING
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an image or images to influence ideas, feelings, and behaviors of specific audiences.
- What is the story you are telling with your work? What is the audience going to learn about you through this art?
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR SOCIAL TOPIC. Please write these in your sketchbook for future reference. Look back o your thoughts from yesterday…
- What is the LARGER OVERALL TOPIC you have chosen?
- If you had to discuss the topic with someone, what are 5 key points that you would try to make in order to “sell” your viewpoint?
- What are 2 questions that you have about the topic that require a bit more research?
- What is a question / argument that someone else might pose to you about the topic?
- What are IMAGES / ENVIRONMENTS / SPACES that you are hoping to create for your collage / watercolor?
- What are the KEY images you have gathered SO FAR that are going to help with the building / communicating of your message?
- What is a WORKING TITLE for the IDEA you are having SO FAR?
Reflection / Evaluation: What challenges do you see the process of going FROM collage TO the painting? Give yourself 3 ideas that you may have to overcome…
Studio Art 360:Sketchbooks – BRING CARDBOARD FOR MONDAY!
Robert Morris LETS VISIT THE SITE: http://collection.whitney.org/object/1774
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- What is the biggest challenge you see in the process of cutting out the SHAPES in order to build up the FORM?
Reflection / Evaluation: How much of your letter did you get done? One shape? two shapes? How are you assembling the form… Gluing / Taping sides?
AP Studio Art: Bag of Objects. How is your first CONCENTRATION going?
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- What do you SEE as something you need to work on in order to FINISH the FIVE works for Monday’s CRIT? SNACK DAY BTW…
Reflection / Evaluation: As a body / concentration of works, what do you see as interesting, worthwhile for 1) YOU to create and 2) the audience to sit and look at?
THIS WEEKEND… BE READY FOR THIS… MAKE 2 PHOTOGRAPHS OF YOUR ARTWORK AND EMAIL OR PUT THEM ON YOUR GOOGLE DRIVE.
Assignment ONLINE – Google Document – SHARE WITH ME at firstname.lastname@example.org! DUE ON FRIDAY. CLICK HERE FOR A GOOD EXAMPLE. READ THE BRIEF BLOG POST! Where do you see yourself artistically now, where in 5 Years? WE ARE USING THIS NEXT MONDAY ON THE AP WEBSITE!
Drawing: Group of Objects – STEP BACK from your drawing and REFLECT on the MID CRIT from yesterday!
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- What did you hope to take / hear / learn from the MID – CRIT from yesterday? Identify with your neighbor the absolute black, absolute white, and 3 different levels of grey.
Reflection: What have you learned today about how to push / pull space with value? What have you accomplished with pencil? What is SUCCESSFUL ? What is a STRUGGLE?