“Remember, all the answers you need are inside of you; you only have to become quiet enough to hear them.” — Debbie Ford
AP Studio Art: Duchamp – Let’s take the figure and break it into planes.
- 7.2Ad: Determine the commonalities within a group of artists or visual images attributed to a particular type of art, timeframe, or culture.
- What was the MOST FUN about taking your figure drawing(s) from LAST week and incorporating them all into ONE drawing for this week? How do you see this as being a part of the LARGER ART MAKING PROCESS?
What was the most CHALLENGING Part of this week? What would you do differently? What would you suggest be DONE differently? Hang Work
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus Drawing – Figure / Ground Relationships
ONLINE CRIT HERE: Due Monday of RETURN from SPRING BREAK!
- ALL ABOUT THE REFLECTION THIS WEEK
- 8.1Ad: Analyze differing interpretations of an artwork or collection of works in order to select and defend a plausible critical analysis.
- This is it – FAST Goal today… What three things are you going to really focus on today in order to be DONE with the work? That’s it – GET TO IT!
How many hours do you need to finish this work for presentations on MONDAY after break? REMEMBER that the WRITTEN CRITIQUE is DUE on the MONDAY we get back – Photograph is ONLINE at the end of the day – you can upload it from the website from TOMORROW’s Posting. Questions over break – EMAIL me!
PHOTO FOLDER IS HERE: Use this over BREAK OR / AND update your images with your own camera!
Drawing: Faces and Fauvism.
HERE is your WORKSHEET for RESEARCH on STREET ART and GRAFFITI for over SPRING BREAK! Do not forget to do your work. It will be hard to get started without some QUALITY WORK and RESEARCH in.
Brooklyn Street Art Museum – HERE.
Kandinsky and the Bauhaus Presentation is HERE…
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What is successful in your artwork? What is the color scheme you are using? Share this with your neighbor.
What is the progress of the drawing thus far? What is your neighbor doing well? What is your neighbor not doing successfully? Share your thoughts with your neighbors.
Studio Art 360: Color Mixing!
- 3.1P: Apply relevant criteria from traditional and contemporary cultural contexts to examine, reflect on, and plan revisions for works of art and design in progress.
- Why is it important for an artist to choose colors CAREFULLY as they are developing a composition / artwork? What might the RIGHT colors do in an image versus the “wrong” colors?
Review with neighbors the relationships of the colors on the color wheel? When you look in your closet… what COLORS do you think you have the most of hanging? Why do you think that you have more of that color than others? Assignment for MONDAY WHEN WE GET BACK… Bring in a LOGO of a PRODUCT from something that is of interest to you.