Happy Youth Art Month: Art Terms 101: Analogous colors are colors found side by side on the color wheel which are closely related.
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing! Let’s DRAW!
- G:1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Looking back on ALL the GESTURE drawings you worked out last week – which of them will you want to use as a BREADTH piece to demonstrate this skill? What about it stands out as successful?
How did having the ENTIRE HOUR to draw help you develop the composition of your figure?
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus Drawing – Oskar Schlemmer
- G: 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- Look at your work from a distance FIRST – What is the first thing that POPS out as needing work?
What did the conversation about the works allow you to SEE and then FIX in the BAUHAUS drawings?
Drawing: Online Presentation of the Images.
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Using the first 10 minutes of class you are going to draw out what you feel were the most challenging parts of the face we started with last week. In your GOALS SHEET – What part of the face did you struggle with most and WHY?
What was the most challenging aspect of the mouth today? How do you see the relationships from one part of the face to another as important? What is most important about drawing when it comes to observation?
ASSIGNMENT FOR THURSDAY!!! Bring in a NEWSPAPER or MAGAZINE PHOTOGRAPH of a person’s ENTIRE FACE – Front on or 1/4 turn at the most!
Studio Art 360: Hands on with CLAY!
Ed Hamilton’s Website – Making of a Bas Relief Sculpture
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What challenges did you have in getting started last week on Friday with the clay? REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ARTWORK: Subtractive, Additive, and Manipulation to the clay. These techniques are REQUIRED in the FINAL Sculpture.
What was the largest success you have in today’s work? Take a look at the rest of the classes work BEFORE we clean up. PAUSE 10 minutes before the end of class.