“Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure you do things differently from everyone else.” Sara Blakely (inventor of SPANX and youngest Self Made Female BILLIONAIRE – 10 Lessons I Learned from Sarah Blakely – Forbes Magazine)
AP Studio Art: CRIT!
- 1.1 Ad: Visualize and hypothesize to generate plans for ideas and directions for creating art and design that can affect social change.
- This is a NEW series of 3 works. 13 – 15… you are at a point where there is MORE to the work than simply creating interesting images to look at. How can this next series of concentration works SPEAK about something MORE than just the “Ideas of my concentration are…” statement from your AP Questions? Talk to your classmates about the IMPORTANT TOPICS you have in your head and how that can become part of the larger body of your works.
Well… what are 3 things you came up with that you might use in the ideas of your works? GUERNICA as the image.
Advanced Drawing: Critiquing of a PAPER BAG.
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- What is happening in your classmates work that you are truly glad to see happening? Find ONE work, sit down and – in THEIR GOALS PAGE – write out 3 things that you feel are VERY successful and 1 thing you feel needs attention – Follow up with the WHY of attention..
TO THE English COMPUTER LAB – Bring your Drawing. USE THIS LINK and SAVE A COPY to YOUR Google Drive. SHARE it with me...
How did you feel about the work you presented today? If you didn’t – what did you take away from today’s crit?
Drawing: Oil Pastels!
- 7.2Ac: Evaluate the effectiveness of an image or images to influence ideas, feelings, and behaviors of specific audiences.
- Reflect on YESTERDAY before you begin today! What are your OVERALL IDEAS that you hope to communicate?
Biggest struggle / success for today? Write it out and the WHY!
By The Way… Share your STILL LIFE DRAWINGS by visiting them HERE.
Kandinsky at MAM – HERE
Studio Art 360: Collage and Symbolism
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- What TEXTURES do you like best from yesterday? Why?
Write a ONE PARAGRAPH EXPLANATION about your work on the BACK of the collage. Describe how you are planning on using Frottage, Grattage, and Decalcomania in the work.