“Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure you do things differently from everyone else.” Sara Blakely (inventor of SPANX and youngest Self Made Female BILLIONAIRE – 10 Lessons I Learned from Sarah Blakely – Forbes Magazine)
AP Studio Art: CRIT!
- 1.1 Ad: Visualize and hypothesize to generate plans for ideas and directions for creating art and design that can affect social change.
- Looking at the ideas you came up with as a group yesterday… if your work could MAKE A CHANGE to SOCIETY – Start Conversation – Begin a REVOLUTION for CHANGE – what imagery comes up RIGHT NOW… You do not have to stick with it, but RIGHT NOW – Good ideas or not.
Well – are you going to lead the revolution? I hope so! What do you plan on doing for the weekend?
Advanced Drawing: Critiquing of a PAPER BAG.
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- As you look at the works that are hanging on the chalkboard – what is ONE WORK that really stands out to YOU and WHY?
We are moving ahead in the artmaking process next week. While I have a process / project lined up… what are things about the making of art that you would like to work on / learn?
RUBRIC LINK, but it should ALREADY be in your Google Drive. SHARE it with me...
How did you feel about the work you presented today? If you didn’t – what did you take away from today’s crit?
Drawing: Oil Pastels!
- 7.2Ac: Evaluate the effectiveness of an image or images to influence ideas, feelings, and behaviors of specific audiences.
- As this develops, how are your ideas and Kandinsky’s similar and how are they different? What might you take away from this experience? How can you share that idea with the world?
As this work has developed, how are your ideas and Kandinsky’s similar and how are they different? WRITE this out from the beginning of the hour. Has it Changed?
By The Way… Share your STILL LIFE DRAWINGS by visiting them HERE.
Kandinsky at MAM – HERE
Studio Art 360: Collage and Symbolism
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- Of the textures you have made… What TEXTURES do you find comforting? What Textures do you find discomforting?
How did you use texture to represent LANDSCAPE in your COLLAGE experience based on MAX ERNST’s works.