“Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure you do things differently from everyone else.” Sara Blakely (inventor of SPANX and youngest Self Made Female BILLIONAIRE – 10 Lessons I Learned from Sarah Blakely – Forbes Magazine)
AP Studio Art: CRIT!
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- As you reflect on these three works, what are you considering for your next three works? This is important as you continue to look at the development of your larger body of works – the ENTIRE portfolio… not just each grouping of 3.
We’re going to create one more SOLID SET of CONCENTRATION WORKS. Think about the FIRST works you created and the LAST work we just finished critiquing. WHERE have you TRULY GROWN in the development of your work?
Advanced Drawing: 1 more day… Composition and Meaning of a PAPER BAG.
- 2.3Ad: Demonstrate in works of art or design how visual and material culture defines, shapes, enhances, inhibits, and/or empowers people’s lives.
- This is the LAST DAY to work… What is the NUMBER ONE and the NUMBER TWO thing you are going to work on to WRAP IT UP today?
A GREAT day of drawing on Friday – Time got away from us… What worked today and HOW are you going to RESOLVE the work for Wednesday’s CRIT?
Drawing: Oil Pastels!
- 8.1Ac: Identify types of contextual information useful in the process of constructing interpretations of an artwork or collection of works.
- Describe to your neighbor how YOUR WORK OF ART reflects the music you are inspired by? As you develop the ideas of KANDINSKY – Are you approaching your work as a der blaue reiter or as a member of the BAUHAUS? Explain!
Are you successful in the communication of your ideas? Write out 3 reasons to back up your successes.
By The Way… Share your STILL LIFE DRAWINGS by visiting them HERE.
Kandinsky at MAM – HERE
Studio Art 360: Collage and Symbolism
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- What TEXTURES do you find comforting? What Textures do you find discomforting?
What was your favorite way of gathering textures today? How do you see being able to use them tomorrow in the ONE DAY COLLAGE experience based on MAX ERNST’s works.