Welcome to Homecoming Week – What’s your favorite COLOR?
FRIDAY – Our NEW art gallery will be having it’s RIBBON CUTTING! Bring your family! Bring your FRIENDS! Bring your passion for the ARTS!
Chuck Close: What difference does it make whether you’re looking at a photograph or looking at a still life in front of you? You still have to look.
Studio Art 360 – CRITIQUE the PAPER MACHE Forms. Pencil Drawing of these FORMS!
- 7.2P: Analyze how one’s understanding of the world is affected by experiencing visual imagery.
- Thinking about the ideas of perspective – looking at the drawings you did in WEEK 1 and comparing them to the real objects in front of you – what sort of differences do you see in how the forms recede in space (go back into space).
How does using VALUE and SHADING help you create a more believable sense of space on a two dimensional picture plane?
AP Studio Art: 1 week Magazine Article Assignment, Jim Dine and Plants and Flowers – CRITIQUE COMING UP THIS WEEK
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Having taken the time to talk yesterday and now looking at the artwork you have in front of you … what do you enter into today’s studio time thinking about with your drawing?
How do you feel about the work you are creating today? Three sentences (minimum) on the sticky note and attach it to your GOALS page.
Painting: Painting this week – Starting to think about ACRYLICS.
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Again, thinking about working with WATERCOLORS and moving onto the next medium of Acrylics… based on PAST EXPERIENCES… what differences do you see being part of the process?
Biggest accomplishment with the watercolor today? how have you seen stagnation – non-experimentation / growth as an artist so far?