Welcome to Homecoming Week – the 70’s were a GREAT decade!
FRIDAY – Our NEW art gallery will be having it’s RIBBON CUTTING! Bring your family! Bring your FRIENDS! Bring your passion for the ARTS!
Chuck Close: What difference does it make whether you’re looking at a photograph or looking at a still life in front of you? You still have to look.
Studio Art 360 – CRITIQUE the PAPER MACHE Forms. What skills did you learn?
- 9.1P: Establish relevant criteria in order to evaluate a work of art or collection of works.
- Looking at the forms you created – what is the STRONGEST / MOST SUCCESSFUL aspect of these four objects? What is the WEAKESST / LEAST SUCCESSFUL aspect of these four objects?
What form was the most challenging for you to create with the CARDBOARD? Why do you feel that was the biggest challenge? Use the ART TERMS that you know (Form, Shape, Effort, Execution…)
AP Studio Art: 1 week Magazine Article Assignment, Jim Dine and Plants and Flowers – CRITIQUE COMING UP THIS WEEK – http://goo.gl/5xaz0X
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Looking at the assembly of the composition, what is NEW in the approach to CREATING the artwork? Knowing I am asking you to think outside of the “box,” how is it different? Easier? More Difficult? – Share on your GOALS page the differences and how they may be challenging you. SHARE THIS WITH YOUR CLASSMATES.
How did having conversation with your classmates about the processes / materials that you are using give you different ways, new ideas about the work you are making?
Painting: Painting this week – Starting to think about ACRYLICS – but CRIT first.
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- How do you feel that working with WATERCOLORS might take you to the next medium of Acrylic? Based on PAST EXPERIENCES… what similarities do you see being part of the process?
Biggest accomplishment with the watercolor today? how have you seen GROWTH as an artist so far?