Welcome to Homecoming Week – the (late) 60’s Welcome you back!
Chuck Close: What difference does it make whether you’re looking at a photograph or looking at a still life in front of you? You still have to look.
Studio Art 360 – FINISH Paper Mache – Finish your FORMS in cardboard – CRIT TOMORROW!
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated.
- These forms may not be your MASTERPIECE of all time, but they did require focus, work, and attention to detail. Looking at ALL the FORMS you created, what do you feel about the ease or difficulty about creating a work of art.
If you are NOT done with the paper mache forms, what could you / should you have done over that past 2 weeks to make sure you DID get them finished by the end of the period? YOU WILL COME TO CLASS TOMORROW with them done.
AP Studio Art: 1 week Magazine Article Assignment, Jim Dine and Plants and Flowers – CRITIQUE COMING UP THIS WEEK
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- Looking over the work you have, what surprises do you see from where you started from two weeks ago? Stronger than you expected? Weaker? EXPLAIN! I will be asking you about Georgia O’Keefe’s work on Friday – anything stand out today? Keep an eye on her work as the week progresses.
What ELEMENT of art do you find being the strongest one that you are using? Color? Line? Shape? Form? Space? Tell me about it!
Painting: Painting this week – Starting to think about ACRYLICS – but CRIT first.
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- What are you most comfortable with? Pencil, Charcoal, Pastel, or Paint? Why? What medium are you struggling with? Why? how can you move forward in your work with the UNCOMFORTABLE medium? (1, 2, 3, 7)
What have you added to this composition that is NEW to you? Something that you have NOT done in the past. Anything that is new…
REMEMBER! Create a ONE PAGE PAPER – DUE LAST FRIDAY – I’m Calling you on it TODAY!
(TYPED! double spaced, 11 or 12 point Times New Roman, Palatino – Serif-ed type font) that discusses the artists and their works. Use ideas about the work as to what drew you to the work, what styles did you like, what techniques do you appreciate? A small history of the artist and personal reflection. How will you use similar ideas in your work as they did in theirs? Here are the artists to research: Winslow Homer, Charles Demuth, Thomas Eakins, Edward Hopper, Dong Kingman, Reginald Marsh, Charles Sheeler, J.M.W. Turner, Thomas Moran, Georgia O’Keefe, James Whistler, or Andrew Wyeth. PAPER IS DUE ON Friday, September 19, 2014.