“The great and glorious masterpiece of man is to know how to live to purpose.”
– Michel de Montaigne: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/montaigne/
Art Foundations: Let’s talk about Alexander Calder and how he changed the way we look at MOVEMENT and ART.
- 4.3) compare relationships in visual art in terms of (4.3.1) history (How did Alexander Calder CHANGE the way in which art / sculpture was viewed.
Where did you have a Calder like sculpture as a child? What was the point or purpose of the sculpture? What was the point or purpose of Calder’s mobiles?
Drawing: CRITIQUE! Let’s get ready to TALK about the work you have created!
- 5.2 stand behind your criticism of art 5.3 describe meanings of artworks by analyzing 5.3.1 techniques
What did you take away from the critique today? Write down what you have taken from the crit. in your comments section for today on your GOALS SHEET.
AP Studio Art: What are you doing with the time you have? We are going to examine the uploading of images to the web today. Are you ready?
- Technology Operations and Concepts – Introduction to the AP Studio site.
- 2.2 evaluate the effectiveness of artworks
How much work do you have READY for upload? How much do you need to shoot? How much do you need to create? Have you paid your fee to Mrs. Brandstetter?