What has Jerry Saltz got to say to Art Students today?
9. Don’t worry about getting enough sleep. Worry about your work.
10. Be delusional. It’s okay to tell yourself you’re a genius sometimes.
Pep Assembly Schedule
1st 7:25 – 8:05
2nd 8:10 – 8:50
3rd 8:55 – 9:30
4th 9:35 – 10:15
6th 10:20 – 11:00
5A 11:05 – 11:35
5B 11:35 – 12:05
5C 12:05 – 12:35
7th 12:40 – 1:20
8th1:25 – 2:00
Assembly 2:05 – 2:46
Drawing: MUSIC BREAK!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- What feelings do you get from specific pieces of music? Give some examples. Rap / Country / Reggae / ROCK and ROLL (i.e.: When I listen to country music, the shapes that flow through my mind are…)
Know that Mary Heebsh is going to be helping you out today with the music and ideas. She’s able to answer a lot of your questions about this project and the larger ideas behind it. That said, don’t worry too much about it. As long as you are trying, you are succeeding. This is a GREAT project that can affect your art making experience for years. RELAX and ENJOY!
Reflection: Looking back on your drawings from today, what shapes, lines, forms did you draw out and find? What ideas came to mind as you listened to the very different music?
Studio Art 360: Sculpture and SAFETY
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- As a NON-ART person, what are 2 things one might think about a sculpture made up of cubes, cylinders, or pyramids? NON ART APPROACH?
Reflection: What is ONE things that you, as an ARTIST, might think if you saw a grouping of cylinders, cubes, and pyramids all grouped together.
AP Studio Art: DISPLAY and EXHIBIT – Design THANKS!
- 2.6 create multiple solutions to visual challenges that show understanding in relationships between composition and meaning of artwork.
- What have your previous sketches been over the past months? Are you still thinking about your CONCENTRATION? How have you been planning the NEW ideas out for your work?
- TODAY YOU ARE HANGING WORKS AND CLEANING YOUR SPACE AND THE LIKE!
- THANKS! Korb.
DO NOT FORGET that your CHAPTER 4 statements are due TONIGHT at midnight. Thanks to ALL who are already done.
Reflection: What have you come up with? What materials are you planning on using? How does it fit into your current body of work
Advanced Drawing: SKETCHBOOK Masterpieces.
- 7.2Ad: Determine the commonalities within a group of artists or visual images attributed to a particular type of art, timeframe, or culture.
- Today – I am gone. You are going to have an opportunity to work on your BIG BOOK OF MASTERPIECE SKETCHES today. Which drawing from the packet are you focusing on today? Why this one in particular?
Reflection: What TWO parts of your MASTERPIECE SKETCHBOOK drawing worked out really well for you today? What ONE THING did you struggle with? How much do you have to do before next week on the due date?