What you must express in your drawing is not “what model you had,” but “what were your sensations,” and you select from what is visual of the model the traits that best express you. – Robert Henri
Drawing: MidCrit Open up to page 2 of the RUBRIC!
- G: 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design
- What are your biggest accomplishments as you worked last week? Where are the three successful aspects of the still life? What are the aspects that are not successful yet? Identify with your neighbor the absolute black, absolute white, and 3 different levels of grey.
Reflection: What have you learned today about how to push / pull / create space with value or ANOTHER Element? What have you accomplished with pencil? What is SUCCESSFUL that a CLASSMATE showed you about your work?
Studio Art 360: Still Life – FORMS and RELATIONSHIPS
- SIT BACK and let’s see a COMPOSITION DEMONSTRATION by Mr. Korb. How can you RELATE to these “SIMPLE” Objects?
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- What was the biggest challenge you found as you began came up with ideas / skills in VALUE last week?
Reflection: What are 2 DRAWING skills you have already OR are in need of that will make your experiences in Studio Art 360 successful?
AP Studio Art: Work Of Art!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- As you look back on the body of works you have created so far, what are TWO things that you are seeing as falling short of AP Level work?
- Work of Art
Reflection: What were the biggest impressions you had from the WORK OF ART artists going outside for ideas? BRING A WARM COAT TOMORROW
Advanced Drawing: MidCrit – Open to Page 2 of your RUBRIC
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- What was the successful part of the drawing for you? What will you carry forward as you make more art?
- BEFORE YOU RETURN TO DRAWING… SARAH GRAHAM Website.
Reflection: How did doing the critique open your ears to what was said? How did it open your eyes to what you saw?