“An average person with average talent, ambition and education, can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society, if that person has clear, focused goals.” – Brian Tracy
”Even talent is rarely indistinguishable, over the long run, from perseverance and lots of hard work.” Ted Orland and David Bayles – Art and Fear
Painting and Advanced Painting: STAY ON TARGET!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- There are four parts to a well written critique. Description, Analysis, Interpretation, and Judgement. What challenges do YOU have when it comes to the WRITING about art? Your Art? Writing in general…
- Folder to upload from is HERE.
Reflection: Reviewing the 4 parts of the critique – what challenges do you see coming your way? What seems to be the most challenging part of the process?
ONLINE CRITIQUE HERE!
Studio Art 360: PAINT your POP!
EXAMPLES from LAST YEAR!
VISUAL EXAMPLE of SETTING UP YOUR IMAGE.
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What seems to be the one LARGEST CHALLENGE you are facing with your acrylic paintings?
Reflection: What color scheme is your MOST SUCCESSFUL ONE at this point and WHY?
AP Studio Art: CRIT Today! How’s your WEBSITE?
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- What are you doing to RESEARCH your work? This is the SECOND QUESTION on the exam (1350 characters). You will be presenting your 2 questions and the works to the WORLD in the ONLINE Blog – THIS IS YOUR EXAM. Mid-Term exam GRADES WILL BE MADE ON YOUR online presentation.
Reflection: What have you learned about the work that you are creating? Is there anything you feel that has really advanced and developed? Something that you have really GROWN from?
Drawing: Wrap up by FRIDAY?
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- This is it folks – last day – Every square inch needs pastel. What’s holding you back? What has propelled you forward in the process?
- Folder to UPLOAD FROM is HERE
Reflection: Are you taking pastels home? Where are you going to work on the drawing? What has been the HARDEST PART of the drawing?