“An average person with average talent, ambition and education, can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society, if that person has clear, focused goals.” – Brian Tracy
”Even talent is rarely indistinguishable, over the long run, from perseverance and lots of hard work.” Ted Orland and David Bayles – Art and Fear
Painting and Advanced Painting:Critique? Paint? Stay Focused.
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- You were asked to begin thinking about the work in front of you… What DO YOU SEE IN YOUR PAINTING? That’s it.. WHAT DO YOU SEE? Take your time… look at everything you see in the work and write down all that you see.
- Folder to upload from is HERE.
Reflection: Time to work today began with DESCRIPTION – was there anything NEW that you saw when you began writing and working today? We do not have a lot of time to work this week but… lots of time use that knowledge in your life.
Studio Art 360: POP!
EXAMPLES from LAST YEAR!
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- Working on the POP Art painting today, what is the ONE MAJOR ASPECT you need to clean up, finish up in the work today?
Reflection: What is the biggest strength in your painting? What Color scheme do you feel turned out the best and why?
AP Studio Art: CRIT Today! How’s your WEBSITE?
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- How is the online presentation coming along? What do you STILL NEED TO DO in order to get the website finished and polished?
Reflection: Presentation of your current body of work is on THURSDAY. What do you have to do in order to get the 3 works finished?
Drawing: Wrap up by FRIDAY?
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- Take a look at your previous day’s work – where did you struggle the most with the idea of the portrait? Where did you succeed the most? How do you use the ideas of chiaroscuro to better define the ideas of form (in the face especially)?
- Folder to UPLOAD FROM is HERE
Reflection: What was the most challenging way to draw? Why was this most difficult way to go? What is most important about drawing when it comes to observation?