“An average person with average talent, ambition and education, can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society, if that person has clear, focused goals.” – Brian Tracy
”Even talent is rarely indistinguishable, over the long run, from perseverance and lots of hard work.” Ted Orland and David Bayles – Art and Fear
Painting and Advanced Painting: Last Work Day!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision
- Analysis is the second part of the critique – this is where we look carefully at the use of the ELEMENTS and PRINCIPLES of art and how they are being used in art. What ELEMENTS and PRINCIPLES have grown from this? Is there a specific principle that has grown from this? ABOVE are the ELEMENTS: and here are a the PRINCIPLES.
- Folder to upload from is HERE.
Reflection: What have you learned about the work that you have been working on? This is a GREAT painting and I KNOW that you have learned a lot in the process.
Studio Art 360: Last Work Day!
EXAMPLES from LAST YEAR!
- 6.1P: Analyze and describe the impact that an exhibition or collection has on personal awareness of social, cultural, or political beliefs and understandings.
- DONE! Time to reflect on the work. 3 warm up questions 1) What is the STRONGEST aspect of your painting? 2) What is the LEAST SUCCESSFUL aspect of your painting? 3) Why do you feel the way you do on either of the first 2 questions.
Reflection: WHY do you feel the ideas of COLOR SCHEMES in artwork are worthwhile in the process of making an artwork?
AP Studio Art: CRIT Today! Last Work Day!
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- What NEW approaches have you taken with this current series of works? How has the idea of working on THREE works at a time been working for you or on the other hand – not working for you?
Reflection: Questions about the mid-term? How do you plan on finishing these 3 artworks?
Drawing: Last Work Day!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- How does this painting by Matisse look different than the previous work we saw? What are aspects of the FAUVISTS that you are REALLY getting your brain around in this drawing?
- Folder to UPLOAD FROM is HERE
Reflection: What was the most challenging aspect of this drawing for you to draw? Why was this most difficult way to go? What is most important about drawing when it comes to observation?