“An average person with average talent, ambition and education, can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society, if that person has clear, focused goals.” – Brian Tracy
”Even talent is rarely indistinguishable, over the long run, from perseverance and lots of hard work.” Ted Orland and David Bayles – Art and Fear
Painting and Advanced Painting: STAY ON TARGET!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- How do you FEEL about the act of oil painting again? The time away and the time returned? What did the BREAK do for the act of painting for you?
- Folder to upload from is HERE.
Reflection: What is the STRENGTH of your work that you are especially proud of?
ONLINE CRITIQUE HERE!
Studio Art 360: PAINT your POP!
EXAMPLES from LAST YEAR!
VISUAL EXAMPLE of SETTING UP YOUR IMAGE.
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- Look at YESTERDAY’s PAINTING and write out THREE THINGS you either STRUGGLED with or SUCCEEDED with. . Rauschenberg White Paintings:
Reflection: What do YOU do to communicate the important things in YOUR Life? List a few. Remember that ART be used to discuss IMPORTANT things in culture?
AP Studio Art: CRIT Today! How’s your WEBSITE?
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Are you able to INTELLIGENTLY and ARTISTICALLY describe the works that you are creating? What IS the answer to the first question ? What is the central idea to your concentration?
Reflection: Discuss the 2 questions with your classmates – can you answer them successfully and convincingly? Do your answers clearly demonstrate your ideas and growth?
Drawing: Wrap up by FRIDAY?
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- Step back – yesterday you looked at the class work and got some feedback from them. Take a HARD LOOK AT YOUR DRAWING and determine what you need to focus on in the next 46 minutes. WRITE IT OUT!
- Folder to UPLOAD FROM is HERE
Reflection: ONE MORE DAY to work in class. What is working successfully in your drawing? WHY?