“If I persist, if I continue to try, if I continue to charge forward, I will succeed.” — Og Mandino “And even if you don’t succeed… there is NOTHING wrong with failure (just get back and try again – and again – and again…).” – Frank Korb
Painting and Advanced Painting: Self Portrait – Wrap up by TUESDAY? Plan to WORK OVER or WAIT until AFTER Break.
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Step back and LOOK AT YOUR painting. It’s been a weekend. What are you seeing as being successful at this point? What are you seeing as needing attention?
Reflection / Evaluation: Biggest, Best parts of the oil painting process for you? Have you got something you’d lean on as a great NEW learned skill or bit of knowledge?
ONLINE CRITIQUE HERE!
Studio Art 360: Color Schemes – LET’S GO!
EXAMPLES from LAST YEAR!
VISUAL EXAMPLE of SETTING UP YOUR IMAGE.
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- What is the PRODUCT Advertisement that you brought in today and how does that company use color to represent it? What is the OPPOSITE of that color Scheme?
Reflection / Evaluation: What 4 color schemes do you think you are going to use for your composition?
AP Studio Art: Concentration WORKS DUE after Break (these three and three more ONE WEEK after break) – Songs of Sanctuary Website! STATEMENTS are DUE, DUE, DUE!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- EVERYONE – YES… that means you too. EVERYONE. What 3 STRENGTHS are you carrying forward into your newest series of concentration pieces? How has your skill improved as you have gotten half-way through the school year?
Reflection / Evaluation: What are you going to be working on OVER BREAK to continue to be productive artists?
Drawing: DRAW – Wrap up by TUESDAY? I WISH!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- Knowing we have a VERY SHORT amount of time AFTER VACATION to wrap up the images, what are you going to do to resolve this image AFTER break? What can you do to BEGIN working on the critique?
ONLINE CRITIQUE HERE!
Reflection / Evaluation: TOMORROW is the LAST DAY in class to work before break. If you have to work on ONE THING tomorrow, what is it you need to REALLY focus on to make GREAT progress?