“When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better.” — Zig Ziglar
Painting and Advanced Painting: Oil Paints – Ready, Set, GO!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Which direction have you decided to go in regarding the use of colors while using oil paints? What kind of mood / feeling do you hope to incorporate into the idea of your painting?
- SELF PORTRAITS from PREVIOUS Classes – HERE
Reflection / Evaluation: Have you decided HOW you are going to break apart the space that you are building in the painting? Are you emphasizing the new SHAPES or are you developing the LINES that you have in the portrait?
Studio Art 360: COLOR (Critique First)
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- Where do you see color? How does the color on TV get blended together? How does color in a magazine get blended together? Optical color?
Reflection / Evaluation: What are the three types of colors on the color wheel? What can you NOT mix? How do you mix Orange, etc…
AP Studio Art: Tune in! Tune Out!
- 6.1Ad: Curate a collection of objects, artifacts, or artwork to impact the viewer’s understanding of social, cultural, and/or political experiences.
- Looking at the ARTWORK, the MUSIC and your STATEMENT so far… how do you feel the idea of incorporating the VISUAL ART into the MUSICAL EXPERIENCE can / might / should / hopefully will add to the cultural experience?
- MUSIC SIGN UP SHEET HERE! Thanks Julia.
Reflection / Evaluation: 3 successes in today’s work that help you explain / create a successful VISUAL experience that ties into the musical one.
Drawing: Google Slideshow
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- Take a look at your beginning drawing – WHAT is WORKING? What is something (2 things) that are POSITIVE about the process you are using?
Reflection / Evaluation: What was the most challenging or LEAST successful today? Why was this most difficult way to go? What is most important about drawing when it comes to observation?