NOTICE the NEW LOOK – Let’s take 2 minutes to work through the changes…
“When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better.” — Zig Ziglar
TAKE A LOOK at the Shepherd Express about the NEW MAM!
Painting and Advanced Painting: Portraits and Oil Paints
- G: 5.1Ac: Evaluate, select, and apply methods or processes appropriate to display artwork in a specific place.
- What differences do you know about ACRYLIC Paints and OIL Paints? Today we are DEMONSTRATING the differences. We NEED to be AWARE of STORING THEM in the YELLOW RACK – Safer in there than on the TOPS OF THE LOCKERS.
- SELF PORTRAITS from PREVIOUS Classes – HERE
Reflection / Evaluation: What differences do you NOW KNOW about acrylic paint and oil paint?
Studio Art 360: Bas – Relief Sculpture
- G: 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- STOP and LOOK at the work you have been away from for four days – What do you like about working in three dimensions that is DIFFERENT than working in two dimensions?
- REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ARTWORK: Subtractive, Additive, and Manipulation to the clay. These techniques are REQUIRED in the FINAL Sculpture.
Reflection / Evaluation: What are you seeing in the works of others that you find successful? What are you doing that OTHERS could learn from? PAUSE 7 minutes before the end of class. GIVE COMMENTS in one another’s RUBRIC – PAPER COPY.
AP Studio Art: MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC
Play your music Mr. Piano Man: http://www.worldupsidedown.org/wp-content/uploads/edd/2014/03/Stocksy_txp22cd4d66Xi3000_Medium_77702.jpg
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- When you think about the music that you have chosen (and it was to be chosen by today) what images, ideas, colors, shapes… elements or principles come to mind? List 3 different but possibly related ideas.
- MUSIC SIGN UP SHEET HERE! Thanks Julia.
Reflection / Evaluation: Have a 4 minute discussion with your classmates at your table and describe your work. Write down one thing from each of your classmates that help explain their work.
Drawing: Google Slideshow
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Take a look at your previous week’s IDEA works – where did you struggle? How do you use the ideas of chiaroscuro to better define the ideas of form?
Reflection / Evaluation: What was the most challenging part of coming up with an idea for this PORTRAIT? How are you tying the ideas in together to come up with a strong COMPOSITION?