“The question for each man is not what he would do if he had the means, time, influence and educational advantages, but what he will do with the things he has.” — Frank Hamilton
STUDIO VISITS – Thanks Carson Bragg for the Site. Great to see where others (the MASTERS) made their art. Check it out HERE!
Painting and Advanced Painting: Hallway Drawing
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What aspects of yesterday’s drawings are successful? Why? What is NOT VERY EXCITING? How can you look at the hallways and SEE an INTERESTING series of LINES that can be made into more interesting lines LATER?
Reflection / Evaluation: What about today’s drawing makes for a successful drawing? Three reasons please.
Studio Art 360: Value and DRAWING!
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- Look back at Monday’s thumbnails and decide which one is the most interesting and WHY. Please take a few minutes to discuss the success of the thumbnail as a drawing with your neighbor and write down 2 things they have contributed to the conversation.
Reflection / Evaluation: In 140 characters, describe your artistic GROWTH through this process of DIRECT OBSERVATION #’s are acceptable.
AP Studio Art: Plants and Drawing! Time to WORK!
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Think about the 4 images you came up with yesterday… What was each of them about? Describe the card and explain. Write that information in pencil on the back of the cards. Write CARD REFLECTION on the goals page.
Reflection / Evaluation: How did working on 4 more of these cards go for you today? Write 2 things that can help defend your explanation and ideas about the ELEMENTS and PRINCIPLES. 12 due on FIRDAY!
Drawing: Kandinsky and Shapes!
- 7.2Ac: Evaluate the effectiveness of an image or images to influence ideas, feelings, and behaviors of specific audiences.
- Reflect on YESTERDAY before you begin today! What are your OVERALL IDEAS that you hope to communicate?
Reflection / Evaluation: Biggest struggle / success for today? Write it out and the WHY!