“The question for each man is not what he would do if he had the means, time, influence and educational advantages, but what he will do with the things he has.” — Frank Hamilton
STUDIO VISITS – Thanks Carson Bragg for the Site. Great to see where others (the MASTERS) made their art. Check it out HERE!
Painting and Advanced Painting: Crit in the Gallery!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- Critique with the AP Studio Art Class – As an individual, what do you think you are going to struggle with the most in today’s Critique. Think about ALL we have ALREADY spoken about – or not spoken about…
Reflection / Evaluation: What one thing did you add to the critique that nobody else did? What ONE thing did you LEARN about that nobody else did?
Studio Art 360: Value and DRAWING!
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- Look back at your THUMBNAIL drawings… Which type of composition do you feel you are going to use? What are TWO things that have changed about your composition from the THUMBNAIL STAGE. N: Reflection on the PROCESS of the drawings.
Reflection / Evaluation: Looking at the THUMBNAIL again and the DRAWING – What positive changes or negative changes have come from the process of drawing? DRINK FOR TOMORROW’S SKETCHBOOK ASSIGNMENT – Don’t forget!
AP Studio Art: Plants and Drawing! Time to WORK!
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- What are the challenges we still see in the gallery space? What are your thoughts and feelings about the space we have begun to fill? Take a moment to reflect on your thoughts of this FORMAL SPACE to present your work.
Reflection / Evaluation: What 2 things are you most pleased with regarding the watercolors / collage / artworks you are presenting to the public?
Drawing: Kandinsky and Shapes!
- 8.1Ac: Identify types of contextual information useful in the process of constructing interpretations of an artwork or collection of works.
- What songs are you using to create your artwork? What are aspects of your thumbnail and rough that you can IMMEDIATELY relate to the ideas of the music?
- AND http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/08/02/bauhaus-ninety-years-of-inspiration/
Reflection / Evaluation: SHARE YOUR THEORY AND DRAWING WITH YOUR CLASSMATE – Last 5 Minutes – CONVERSATION and write down what you have learned from your classmate.