What is Art? – “Art is the concrete representation of our most subtle feelings.” Anges Martin, Art In America (p.124, 1996)
Folder: Everyone – Page 7. Let’s talk about 10 Lessons the Arts Teach Children (everyone).
Painting and Advanced Painting: Preliminary ideas and exercises
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- What made it challenging to put that first mark on your paper? Unless you had no problems – then what was it that gives you confidence in painting?
Reflection / Evaluation: What three things did you succeed with today in your painting? AT THIS MOMENT?
Studio Art 360: Observation Anyone?
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- What was the biggest challenge you found as you began coming up with ideas and drawing your cube, cylinder, or pyramid yesterday?
Reflection / Evaluation: What are 2 skills you have already that are going to make your experiences in Studio Art 360 easier?
AP Studio Art: Bag of Ideas?
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Where / when in your past have you used the ideas of the repetition of single object in a SERIES of drawings, paintings, artworks… something else?
Reflection / Evaluation: g been successful in TODAY’s beginnings of a CONCENTRATION?
Assignment ONLINE – Google Document – SHARE WITH ME at firstname.lastname@example.org! DUE ON MONDAY. CLICK HERE FOR A GOOD EXAMPLE. READ THE BRIEF BLOG POST! Where do you see yourself artistically now, where in 5 Years?
Drawing: Observation and Pencils?
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Most young artists work with their FIRST idea and that’s it. What might the benefit be to begin with MORE ideas? When you sketch in your sketchbooks / artworks… where do you mostly get your ideas from? How do you define OBSERVATION?
Reflection / Evaluation: What skills do you hope to develop this year in Drawing? What do you feel you will be able to improve on regarding the skills you have currently?