AP Studio Art: Duchamp and YOUR Nude Descending a Staircase
- 10.1Ad: Synthesize knowledge of social, cultural, historical, and personal life with art-making approaches to create meaningful works of art or design.
- STOP and think about a GOAL you have for this ARTWORK. What are a FEW things that you would like to accomplish with this drawing? WRITE them DOWN. Same colors Duchamp used. White, black, sanguine.
As you have looked at the idea of a personal goal… how have you accomplihed or not begun to accomplish this goal?
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus and FRAMING up the work
Goals: ONLINE CRIT HERE. Due Monday of RETURN from SPRING BREAK!
- 5.1Ad: Investigate, compare, and contrast methods for preserving and protecting art.
- What were you able to do to WRAP this work up over break? How does MATTING the work preserve /protect / present your work more professionally?
What are your OVERALL thoughts about your work and your classmates work? Write out ONE OVERALL comment about the larger body of work and one comment about a SPECIFIC work of art.
Drawing: Graffiti and Fauvism
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- Take a look at your previous week’s works – where did you struggle the most with the idea of the portrait? Where did you succeed the most? How do you use the ideas of chiaroscuro to better define the ideas of form (in the face especially)?
What was the most challenging way to draw? Why was this most difficult way to go? What is most important about drawing when it comes to observation?
Studio Art 360: Color Schemes
- 3.1P: Apply relevant criteria from traditional and contemporary cultural contexts to examine, reflect on, and plan revisions for works of art and design in progress.
- What do you mix to get a TINT? What do you mix to get a SHADE? What do you mix to get a TONE?
Review with neighbors the relationships of the colors on the color wheel? When you look in your closet… what COLORS do you think you have the most of hanging? Why do you think that you have more of that color than others? Assignment – FOR FRIDAY REPEAT THE ASSIGNMENT from above… Something that is of interest to you.