“If I persist, if I continue to try, if I continue to charge forward, I will succeed.” — Og Mandino
“And even if you don’t succeed… there is NOTHING wrong with failure (just get back and try again – and again – and again…).” – Frank Korb
Studio Art 360 – BAS RELIEF SCULPTURE!
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What lesson do you hope to communicate to your audience as these works get wrapped up? What is the MAIN IDEA behind your sculpture? 3 sentences – FULL SENTENCES!
LAST DAY WITH Ceramics. If there is ONE LESSON you take away from this experience… what would that be?
Painting: Wrap up before break – what will you come back to?
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- How are you going to handle being away from these paintings for almost TWO WEEKS? What do you feel about the benefits of taking home your WATERCOLORS and some watercolor paper to create a FEW self-portraits (or of others?)
What have you done well in your painting today? Step back and have a 3 minute CONVERSATION with a classmate (or two) and WRITE OUT SOME THOUGHTS IN YOUR SKETCHBOOKS so when you come back you can look and remember.. Allow some REAL TIME to have a REAL CONVERSATION here. Listen to one another.
AP Studio Art – PAINT and CONCENTRATE!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- Day two of the week? Why are you working on for the next 46 minutes to SET YOU UP FOR THE BREAK?
What are you taking home?
TODAY – yes – over break – at MIDNIGHT CHAPTER 7 is due in Art and Fear Blog. Who’s NOT READING? I know that reading isn’t on the top of your list of things to do in this class. If you read and get the work done OVER BREAK – you will hopefully LEARN SOMETHING and demonstrate that in your posts. PARTIAL CREDIT – but some is better than none.
Thanks for the nod towards my thoughts on communicating with Parents, Students and the WORLD on Teach.Com. I appreciate the recognition.