“Power will accomplish much, but perseverance more.” —William Scott Downey
Studio Art 360 – Let’s Talk Photography and the In’s and Out’s
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What stories could you tell using a camera that documents your present-day life? What could you do to make an everyday “boring” part of the day interesting and inviting?
- Photograph the EVERYDAY part of school – candid – opening lockers, taking a drink, how can you make it interesting?
What did you do with the camera to make the BORING interesting?
POP ART GALLERY IMAGES HERE.
Painting – Mid Crit TODAY! FINAL Crit. Wednesday – Friday of NEXT WEEK!
There are NO CERTAINTIES in my work… VIDEO from Sean Scully… we can afford 8 minutes…
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Last day of the week… What did you take from yesterday’s critique… How do you see the ideas you heard from the critique into moving you forward with creating a unified artwork?
Did today / this week move you toward a successful week of work? Do you feel that taking work home this weekend will be a good idea?
AP Studio Art – Concentration – 3 new works – PLAN and DEVELOP! Investigate!
MONDAY – CHAPTER 2 in Art and Fear Responses DUE on the BLOG.
LAST 10 minutes… CRIT ONE ANOTHER!
- 2.3Ad: Demonstrate in works of art or design how visual and material culture defines, shapes, enhances, inhibits, and/or empowers people’s lives.
- How will your audience be MOVED by the work you are presenting? Remember that one of the CRITERIA is all about creating work that is moving and engaging?
What work are you planning for this weekend? Be specific… What are you going to set time aside for and work on?