Studio Art 360 – Paper Mache – Finish your FORMS in cardboard – PAINTING DEMO – lets wait until the PAINTING unit!
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- When you see the forms in a finished state, how do you see it as relating to your experience as a person – as part of the art making experience? How could you see it as a moving you forward in the art making experiences? What can you learn and practice with and from these forms?
What was your biggest success over these past two weeks working on the sculptural forms? What are 2 criteria you would set up for yourself as a GRADING criteria? How would you EVALUATE YOURSELF in completing these criteria? a – F and WHY?
AP Studio Art: 1 week Magazine Article Assignment, Jim Dine and Plants and Flowers
- 10.1Ad: Synthesize knowledge of social, cultural, historical, and personal life with art-making approaches to create meaningful works of art or design.
- Working on the plants all week – look carefully and think about HOW ARE YOU GOING TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THE IMAGE? Do you have a PERSONAL STORY you could express WITH the work? Maybe not immediately recognizable, but through symbolism?
Do you find meaning in your work? Do you find something interesting in the plants? What is challenging you? Why’d you do what you did? Elements / Principles you are REALLY thinking about?
Painting: Painting from your collage!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What would you say are some NEW SKILLS you have developed in the beginning of the painting process? Layering / Glazing? Wet on Wet Graded Washes? Observational Drawing? Collage Techniques? GRIT and Persistence?
What are the STRONGEST aspects of your work this week? What do you see as being ONE challenge you need to REALLY focus on next week?
REMEMBER! Create a ONE PAGE PAPER – DUE TOMORROW! (TYPED! double spaced, 11 or 12 point Times New Roman, Palatino – Serif-ed type font) that discusses the artists and their works. Use ideas about the work as to what drew you to the work, what styles did you like, what techniques do you appreciate? A small history of the artist and personal reflection. How will you use similar ideas in your work as they did in theirs? Here are the artists to research: Winslow Homer, Charles Demuth, Thomas Eakins, Edward Hopper, Dong Kingman, Reginald Marsh, Charles Sheeler, J.M.W. Turner, Thomas Moran, Georgia O’Keefe, James Whistler, or Andrew Wyeth. PAPER IS DUE ON Friday, September 19, 2014.